Thursday, November 3, 2011

Carving the Pumpkin

So I have made an executive decision that now that we have Kepler, we must celebrate all of the "holidays" even when he isn't old enough to enjoy them. We - and I mean Jeremie - carved the pumpkin during Kepler's nap time so he wouldn't get in the way. I would have done it while he was at school, but seriously, who would trust me to cut open the top of the pumpkin with a huge knife? And I honestly hate pulling out the seeds and pumpkin intestines, so Jeremie gets all the credit. But in making the jack-o-lantern, Jeremie was able to try out his grandpa's pumpkin seed recipe, so it all worked out.



Jeremie was trying to decide what to do with the mouth, and he decided that it would be fun to do Kepler's teeth for the mouth. Four on top, two on bottom (and three of the four on top thought it would be fun to come in all at once - I guess that's better than having to deal with three separate times) Next year maybe we'll do a "fancy" pumpkin like everyone seems to be having.


No comments: